At Sicklinghall, our motto is 'to achieve the best we can'. In order to achieve the best we can:
- we aspire
- we are resilient
- we embrace challenge
- we encourage and
- we include.
These are the values that we live by and work towards at Sicklinghall CP School. Each value is underpinned by four key aims which are described below.
We aspire by:
- putting maximum effort into all that we do.
- knowing how we can make positive contributions as learners and as people.
- recognising our own skills and talents and working hard to build upon them.
- always seeking to improve.
We are resilient by:
- embracing mistakes as an important part of the learning process.
- not expecting to succeed first time every time.
- tackling our next steps with openness and a positive desire to improve.
- accepting that one person’s strength is another person’s challenge.
We embrace challenge by:
- tackling new learning and new experiences positively and bravely.
- remembering that effort and attitude are the keys to success.
- leading our own learning with increasing independence.
- recognising that there is more than one way to solve a problem.
We encourage by:
- recognising the skills and talents of others and helping them to recognise and build upon them.
- recognising and celebrating individual achievements and milestones, both our own and others’.
- supporting and nurturing whilst promoting independence.
- being positive, friendly and kind.
We include by:
- valuing others for who they are and what they contribute.
- celebrating that diversity and difference enrich our experiences.
- being tolerant towards members of our school, our community, our country and our world.
- knowing every member of our community as an individual.